A New Era in the Treatment of Chronic HCV Infection08 June 2011
In May 2011, the FDA has approved two new drugs to treat chronic hepatitis C (HCV) infection. The two drugs, Boceprevir (Victrelis) from Merck & Co. and Telaprevir (Incivek) from Vertex (in collaboration with Tibotec), both act as inhibitors of HCV's protease enzyme. This is the first time in...
New Treatments Available Soon for HCV Infection03 May 2011
On April 27 and 28, the FDA's Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee reviewed all available data presented to support approval of two new molecules developed separately by Merck & Co. (initially by Schering-Plough) and Vertex Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of chronic HCV infection. The two...
HIV can use ribonucleotides to replicate inside macrophages01 February 2011
In a paper published in Journal of Biological Chemistry (Dec. 10 issue), Kennedy et al. from University of Rochester Medical Center and Emory University reported evidence that HIV has developed an original strategy to replicate efficiently in non-dividing macrophages despite the absence of...
19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
Washington State Convention Center, Seattle (WA), USA - March 5-8, 2012 http://www.retroconference.org/2012/
XIV International Symposium on Respiratory Viral Infections
Istanbul, Turkey - March 23-26, 2012 http://www.themacraegroup.com/2012-symposia
Journées Québécoises VIH
Hôtel Delta, Montréal, Québec, Canada; 15-16 Mars 2012 http://www.symposiumsida.ca
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Access to and use of the Antiviral InteliStrat’s web site accessible at www.antiviralintelistrat.com (the “Website”) is provided subject to the following terms:
1. By using the Website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the Website.
2. Antiviral InteliStrat may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Antiviral InteliStrat. Your continued use of the Website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Website ("Site Content") is protected by copyright unless expressly noted otherwise. You may not sell, reproduce, distribute, copy, duplicate, resell, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost, exploit for any commercial purpose, or otherwise use any of the Site Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose without prior written consent of AII or the owner of the rights on such content. You may not use the Site Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose. If you violate any of these terms, your permission to use the Site Content will automatically terminate, you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Site Content, and we may end your authorization to use the Website.
4. You agree not to intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation. You also agree not to post or transmit any content that you do not have the right to post or transmit under any law, contractual duty or fiduciary relationship, or post or transmit any content that infringes a third party's trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or privacy rights.
6. You agree no to access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Website, or AII’s computer systems. Persons attempting to access or tampering with these areas may be subject to prosecution.
7. You agree not to frame or link to the Website except as permitted in writing by AII, or to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or use the Website in a way that infringes the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website. You also agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself in any registration form and maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
9. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Antiviral InteliStrat Inc.’s (“AII”) web site and proprietary database are intended to serve as an informational resource only. The information is collected from several public sources believed to be reliable and is regularly updated without notice. Despite its good faith efforts, Antiviral InteliStrat CANNOT assume any responsibility for errors, inaccuracies, omissions or delays in including new information.
The information provided is NOT intended to, and CANNOT, replace professional medical advice received through individual, personal, face-to-face discussion with a licensed professional with training and expertise in the subject matter to which the information pertains and with knowledge of a patient's specific medical history. It is a patient's individual responsibility to obtain information regarding a medical diagnosis, treatment, referral, drug availability, or pricing directly from his or her licensed physician, or from a product's manufacturer.
The information provided is NOT intended to, and CANNOT, be used as the sole information source for any investment or other financial purposes. Potential investors are urged to consult appropriate competent investment and financial advisors before making any decision regarding investment or any financial operation based on information provided on this web site.
Under NO circumstances shall AII or its employees be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this site, including but not limited to inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, or communication line failure.
AII does NOT endorse any particular sponsor or product in its database and has received NO compensation, financial or other, from any sponsors in order to be listed or have their products listed in the database.